With over 2800 seeds in 9 amazing varieties, the Purely Organic Vegetable Garden Starter Kit gives your healthy, bountiful, delicious vegetable garden the perfect start. It includes the following premium non-GMO, heirloom, organic seed packets:
- Purely Organic Heirloom Broccoli Seeds (Waltham 29) produce crisp, crunchy, dark greenish-blue florets, leaves and stems that are packed with flavor and vitamins.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Carrot Seeds (Scarlet Nantes) produce sweet, red-orange carrots with a big crunch. Coreless with fine-grained flesh, they’re ideal for juicing, snacking and cooking.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Cucumber Seeds (Marketmore 76) produce hefty dark green, smooth fruits 8-9 inches long with a sweet and mild flavor ideal for slicing, salads, sandwiches and soups.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Eggplant Seeds (Long Purple) produce glossy, dark purple, club shaped eggplants with firm, white flesh that has a mildly savory flavor great for grilling, cooking or frying.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Squash Seeds (Winter Spaghetti) produce bright yellow vegetables with a mild, nutty flavor. As the name implies, this squash is a great substitute for traditional pasta.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Onion Seeds (Walla Walla) produce 4-5 inch onions famous for their succulent, sweet flavor. Walla Walla Onions taste superb in all applications; and store well.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Snap Pea Seeds (Sugar Daddy) produce bushy vines with “dwarf pods” that are sweet, crisp, and delicious. There’s no need to shell or destring them either, just pick and enjoy!
- Purely Organic Heirloom Sweet Pepper Seeds (California Wonder) produce prolific numbers of classic bell peppers—crisp and mild in green or red— perfect for roasting, grilling or slicing.
- Purely Organic Heirloom Watermelon Seeds (Crimson Sweet) produce striped, nearly round, 15-25 pound melons with sweet, crisp, crimson flesh and small seeds perfect for juicy summer treats.
- Substitutions: Depending on availability we may substitute up to 2 of the seed varieties above with alternate seed packets from our selection of Purely Organic Heirloom Seeds.
Freshly Packed: These seeds are packed for the current growing season and will provide high germination rates next year as well.
Premium Packaging: All seeds from Purely Organic Products are packaged in individually styled packets ideal for gifts, storage or immediate use. Each packet displays the flower, vegetable, plant or herb variety on the front with instructions and plant facts on the back.
Are Your Seeds Organic? What does Certified Organic and/or USDA Organic Mean?
All Purely Organic Seeds (and many varieties of the other seed brands we carry) are Certified Organic and carry the USDA Organic Seal. This means that our seeds are non-GMO (not genetically modified), and are chemical and pesticide free. They have passed rigorously standards and certified by a USDA Accredited agency. To determine whether the seed packet you're interested in is organic, look for the USDA Organic seal.
Are Your Seeds Heirloom? What are Heirloom Seeds?
Heirloom Seeds (sometimes called Heritage Seeds) are open pollinated vegetable and herb seed strains that have been planted, grown and harvested for several generations (usually more than 30 or 50 years depending on the variety) with consistent results. Heirloom seeds are always non-GMO and are never hybrids. All of our vegetable and herb seeds are heirloom seeds.
Are Your Seeds Non-GMO? What Does Non-GMO Mean?
Non-GMO means seeds (or other products) that were produced without genetic engineering and were not derived from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). All of our seeds are non-GMO.
Where do Your Seeds Come From?
Most of the seeds offered on our site are USA Origin seeds sourced from certified US based suppliers. We do also source a small number of seeds from other countries. To view the specific origin of any of our current seed offerings, check the seed packet or look in the specifications for "Country of Origin" on any product page.
Are Your Seeds Packed for the Current Growing Season?
All of our seed packets are packed for the current growing season. If stored properly they will provide high germination rates for 1-2 additional years as well.
How Can I Store My Seeds Safely for Use in the Future?
Our seeds will generally retain their high germination rates for several years from the date of purchase. If you're planning on saving your seeds for us in the future, the most important thing to remember that seeds like to be stored where it is cool, dry and dark. The easiest way to ensure this for long term storage at home is to double-seal your seeds inside two zipper style bags and then place them in the freezer. (Make sure you label your seeds for future reference if they're not in original packaging.) When you're ready to plant your seeds, take just the ones you want to use out of the freezer and let them sit on a counter, in a covered container, for a few days to thaw and stabilize before being planted. To preserve germination rates, minimize temperature, light and humidity fluctuations by storing your seeds at the back of the freezer and only taking them out when you're ready to use them.
The Package with my Seeds in was Left Outside in Freezing and/or Rainy Weather. Will the Seeds Still Work?
As long as your seeds have not gotten wet they should work fine. Freezing temperatures will not hurt the seeds.